My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If your employer or their insurance company denies your claim, you may call the Workers` Compensation Division and ask to speak to an Ombudsman, the Ombudsman acts as a mediator to assists both parties in reaching an agreement. You also have the right to obtain the services of an attorney to handle the claim in the courts as provided by the law. You can contact the Workers Compensation Division at the number below. All claims for compensation shall be barred unless within two years from the date of the accident a verified complaint is filed in the courts. Where payments of compensation have been made, such complaint must be filed within two years from the date of the last compensation payment

State of Alabama Workers` Compensation Division:(334) 242­2868 or 1­800­528­5166

Speak to an Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers’ compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Workers' Compensation attorney today.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources