Will The Department Of Veterans Affairs Cover The Costs Of My Education?

Yes.  If you first entered active duty serve after June 30, 1985, you will generally be eligible to have your educational costs covered under the Montgomery GI Bill.  If you entered active service between December 31, 1976 and July 1, 1985, you will generally qualify for educational coverage under the Veterans Educational Assistance Program.  Military reserve or guard service members will be eligible for covered educational expenses if they signed a six year or more service agreement after June 1, 1985, pursuant to the Montgomery GI Bill.  Also, anyone who was activated for reserve or guard service for 90 continuous days or more after September 11, 2001, can have their educational expenses covered, pursuant to the Reserve Educational Assistance Program.

Speak to an Experienced Veterans Disability Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified veterans disability lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local veterans disability attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Veterans Disability attorney today.

Additional Veterans Disability Articles

Related Topics In This Section