My Husband Was Killed While Serving In The Armed Forces, Do I Have A Right To Compensation From The Department Of Veterans Affairs?

Yes.  The Department will pay a monthly stipend to you and your family.  This benefit is called “dependency and indemnity compensation.”  Spouses and children of persons who were killed during service at anytime after December 31, 1956 are entitled to “dependency and indemnity compensation.”  Dependents will also be able to collect a deceased veteran’s benefits that accrued up until the time of death.

Speak to an Experienced Veterans Disability Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified veterans disability lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local veterans disability attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Veterans Disability attorney today.

Additional Veterans Disability Articles

Related Topics In This Section