Does The Scra Offer Any Other Protections In Court Proceedings?

Yes.  A member may request the court to re­open a matter and set­aside a default judgment (meaning a judgment that was entered against a member, because they could not appear at a hearing or respond to a lawsuit) if the judgment was entered against the member during the member’s active duty period, or within 60 days after the member’s release from active military duty.  The member must timely request such relief (i.e., within 90 days from release from active duty), show the active service materially affected the member’s ability to defend against the action, and show that he or she has a good defense.

Speak to an Experienced Veterans Disability Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified veterans disability lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local veterans disability attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Veterans Disability attorney today.

Additional Veterans Disability Articles

Related Topics In This Section