Can I Hire An Attorney To Help Me Prepare A Claim Or Argue The Denial Of A Claim In Front Of The Secretary Of The Department Of Veterans Affairs?

Yes – but the attorney needs special qualifications in order to be allowed to appear on your behalf.  No individual can act as an attorney or as an agent in preparing, arguing or advocating for an applicant regarding a claim that is governed by the laws of the Department of Veterans Affairs, unless they are certified to do so by the Secretary of the Department.  To be certified to advocate for a veteran in issues under the administration of the Department an individual must be a member of the bar of the highest court in their state, and must submit a written declaration to the Secretary outlining their qualifications to appear before the Secretary in such matters.

Speak to an Experienced Veterans Disability Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified veterans disability lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local veterans disability attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Veterans Disability attorney today.

Additional Veterans Disability Articles

Related Topics In This Section