I Listed My Property For Sale With A Broker And The Broker Has Done Nothing About Selling The House. Can I Break My Contract And List With Someone Else?

Your listing contract with the broker was intended to be a legal and binding contract. If the broker has not fulfilled the broker’s part of the agreement, i. e., advertising, holding open houses, etc., then you may have grounds to terminate the contract but you would need to contact a private attorney for help in making that determination. You could also ask the broker to agree to cancel or release the listing. If the broker agrees, then the contract can be mutually rescinded.

Speak to an Experienced Real Estate Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified real estate lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local real estate attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Real Estate attorney today.

Additional Real Estate Articles