Can I Be Required To Pay My Rent In Cash?

California Civil Code Section 1947.3 allows a landlord to require a tenant to pay in cash if a prior check from the tenant bounced or the tenant stopped payment on a check. The landlord must give you written notice of the cash requirement and must attach a copy of the check that was declined by the bank. A landlord may only require cash payments up to 3 months after the check was declined.

Speak to an Experienced Rent and Security Deposits Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified rent and security deposits lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Rent and Security Deposits attorney today.

Additional Rent and Security Deposits Articles