Skip to main content

Landlord/Tenant Law

Search for an Attorney  

What Is A Roomer Or Boarder?

A roomer or boarder is a tenant occupying a dwelling unit which lacks at least one major bathroom or kitchen facility, such as a toilet, refrigerator or stove in a building where one or more of such major facilities are supplied to be used in common by the occupants of the roomer or boarder’s dwelling unit and one or more other dwelling units and in which the landlord resides.

Was this helpful?