I Disagree With The Court's Judgment That I Owe My Landlord Money And That I Have To Move. What Can I Do?

After July 1, 1998, you have seven (7) days to file an appeal from the trial court. If the landlord requests, the court may order the tenant to pay into court the rent the trial court found the tenant owed, as well as future rent which comes due while the appeal is pending. If the tenant fails to pay, the court will order that the tenant to be removed from the property. Prior to July 1, 1998, a tenant has ten (10) days to appeal.

Speak to an Experienced Landlord Tenant Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified landlord tenant lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Landlord Tenant Law attorney today.

Additional Landlord Tenant Law Articles