I Lost In Court And Will Be Evicted, What Can I Do Now?

California Code of Civil Procedure Section 1176 allows a “stay” of the judgment when the evicted party will suffer extreme hardship by being evicted. After the initial judgment is entered the sheriff will give you a “5 day to Vacate” order. At the time you receive the order you must file the “stay”. You also have a right to appeal the decision. If you plan on appealing you must also file the “stay.”

Speak to an Experienced Eviction Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified eviction lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local eviction attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Eviction attorney today.

Additional Eviction Articles