If Something Needs To Be Fixed When I Move In, What Should I Do?

If anything needs to be repaired when you move into an apartment, make a detailed list, give it to the landlord or his representatives, and either have it signed and dated by the landlord, or send it by registered mail ­­ and keep a copy for yourself. Log all calls. The HRA asks that tenants be patient and flexible while the landlord schedules repairs. If a repair must be made because of a code violation, the law will dictate how fast the repair must be made. If this is not the case, however, and you think a reasonable amount of time has passed, you can call the HRA.

Speak to an Experienced Landlord Tenant Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified landlord tenant lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Landlord Tenant Law attorney today.

Additional Landlord Tenant Law Articles