Skip to main content

Landlord/Tenant Law

Search for an Attorney  

How Can I Learn About D.C. Rental Law?

The District of Columbia Housing Code (DCHC) is enforced by the D.C. Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs` Housing Regulation Administration (HRA). The HRA publishes the Tenant`s Guide to Safe and Decent Housing, a 30­page booklet summarizing the D.C. housing code and its partner, the Rental Housing Act of 1985, which is the city law covering rent­controlled apartments. To obtain a copy, visit the Housing Regulation Services Center in Room 700 at 614 H Street, N.W., Washington, D.C., 20001, telephone (202) 727­7395, or send the office a self­addressed, stamped envelope to receive the guide by mail.

Was this helpful?