If I Move To South Dakota And Have Been Licensed In Another State, Do I Need To Take Any Insurance Exams?

If you move to South Dakota and held a license previously in another state and request or apply for a license in South Dakota within 90 days of the date you terminated your license in the previous state, you will not need to take any South Dakota exams to become licensed for the same lines of authority you held in your previous state. If you do wish to become licensed in additional lines of insurance, you may need to take an exam.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles