If I Move To Another State, How To I Obtain A New Non-Resident Producer License From South Dakota?

First, you will need to obtain a Letter of Clearance by sending a request and payment in the amount of $10.00 to the South Dakota Division of Insurance. They will issue the Letter of Clearance in favor of the new state in which you are applying for a new resident producer license. The Letter of Clearance indicates you are licensed and in good standing in South Dakota and the lines of authority you are authorized to write. Once you have obtained your new resident producer license in your home state, we will re­issue you a non­resident license for South Dakota. No license application, fee or Home State Certification is necessary if you were licensed and in good standing when you left South Dakota.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles