How Do I Apply For A Business Entity Producer License?

Both resident and non­resident business entities must first be registered with the South Dakota Secretary of State to receive a Certificate of Authority to transact business in South Dakota. Contact information for the Secretary of State along with the Certificate of Authority application are contained in the Business Entity producer license application packet. You may contact the NIPR web site at: South Dakota accepts the NAIC Uniform Business Entity Application. To apply for a license, complete the application and attach your Certificate of Authority from the Secretary of State and your license application fee of $25.00 for residents and $30.00 for non­residents. Non­resident Business Entities from the following states will need to submit a Home State Certification: AL, DE, KY, MA, NJ, NM, OR, RI, SC, VT, WV.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles