- Ask an agent or company to help you. The service and reputation of the company and the agent you select is important.
- Review the application carefully with the agent; be sure all the answers are complete and accurate before you sign.
- Don’t buy life insurance unless you intend to stick with your plan.
- Your decision to protect your family may involve the purchase of a new policy or the replacement of existing coverage.
- Although replacement can be beneficial, it may be very costly in the early years of a new policy if you cancel an existing policy. Don’t drop one policy and buy another without a thorough valuation of both the new policy and the one you have now.
- Read your policy carefully! Most states require an insurance company to provide a free look period that begins at the delivery of the policy.
- The agent should explain anything not clear to you.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: