How Many Continuing Education Credits Must Agents Complete?

An agent licensed to sell:

property, casualty, surety or title insurance ­ 10 approved credit hours life, health, disability or variable annuities ­ 10 approved credit hours property, casualty, surety and/or title and life, health, variable annuities and/or disability ­15 approved credit hours A agent licensed to sell only credit life and credit disability insurance ­ 21/2 approved credit hours. The courses must be in the areas of insurance law, credit and credit disability insurance or ethics.

Every licensee must complete a minimum of 1 credit hour of approved education on changes in Montana insurance statutes and administrative rules once during every two year period.

An agent who is licensed to sell only surety insurance and who sells only bail bonds is exempt from course requirements, but must file annually before December 31 to claim the exemption.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources