Why Is The Insurance Company Withholding Part Of My Claim Payment? It Has Been More Than 180 Days Since I Accepted My Acv Payment, Can I Make A Supplemental Claim For Replacement Cost Now?

Insurance policies that provide Replacement Cost coverage, which is the amount it would cost to buy a new item that is identical or nearly identical to your damage property, also contain a requirement that you actually purchase the new item before receiving full recovery. You will usually receive a depreciated amount, known as actual cash value, until you replace the property. You generally have 180 days from the time you receive your ACV settlement to submit a supplemental claim for the extra amount.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Insurance Videos

Attorneys For Medical Professionals