My Girlfriend/Boyfriend Lost Personal Property When Our Apartment Building Burned. I Have An Ho4 Policy, But The Company Wont Pay His/Her Claim. Is This Legal?

Yes. Under your insurance policy, only people who are related to you and residing with you have coverage for their belongings. Your boyfriend/girlfriend needs his or her own policy. He or she also should buy a policy for protection against liability claims, which is a coverage provided under a tenants’ policy.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources