What If I Am An Agent That Moves To Indiana?

Agents moving into Indiana from other states must satisfy all licensing requirements applicable to resident agents. However, if the new resident held a like license in the previous resident state within the preceding 12 months prior to application, the individual may be exempt from pre­licensing study course requirements. New resident applicants should apply to the Department for a waiver letter. This form is available from the Department of Insurance directly. The application for waiver must be accompanied by the former resident state Insurance Department certification, certifying that the applicant was licensed in good standing with the previous resident state. The original Department waiver letter must then be presented at the testing center on the examination date. The new resident applicant will also be exempt from the major lines examination requirement, but must take the appropriate Indiana­specific laws and regulations examination(s).

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Insurance Videos

Attorneys For Medical Professionals