Is Any Pre-Licensing Education Required?

For the Fire and Casualty Broker­Agent or Life Agent licenses, all applicants must complete 40 hours of approved classroom course in subject matter and 12 hours on ethics and California Insurance Code.

Applicants who are exempt from the 40­hour general insurance classroom courses include a new California resident applicant who had a current license in another state and completed 40 hours of prelicensing education for each license held in that state, or; an applicant for a license holding one or more of the following designations: LUTCF (Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow) [life] CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter) [life] AAI (Accredited Advisor in Insurance) [fire and casualty] CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter) [fire and casualty] CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor) [fire and casualty].

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources