I'm Moving To Another State. What Do I Need From The California Department Of Insurance?

A clearance letter is required when you are moving to another state. This cancels your license in California. To obtain a clearance letter, you must submit a signed statement requesting clearance and return your original license (if lost, you must so state in the letter). The signed statement must include the name of the state you wish to become licensed in, your name, license number and/or social security number, and the address where the clearance letter is to be mailed. The licensee`s original signature is required. The fee is $21. Please allow 2­3 weeks for issuance of clearance letter.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources