What can a creditor do if a debtor won't pay?

Creditors are very likely to report the delinquencies to one or more credit bureaus, thus harming the credit record. In Idaho they may seek a judgment and court order to garnish wages; that is, an order to an employer to pay directly to the credit grantor some portion of your wages. Federal law sets a limit on what portion may be taken, and many state laws are even more protective. But if they have a good income, the probability is that some of it is subject to garnishment.

Speak to an Experienced Foreclosure Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified foreclosure lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local foreclosure attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Foreclosure attorney today.

Additional Foreclosure Articles

Related Topics In This Section