Foreclosure & Alternatives Law

Can a Lender Sue a Borrower for a Deficiency Judgment if the Lender is Still Owed Money After a Foreclosure Sale in West Virginia?

No, deficiency judgments are not permitted in West Virginia. The lender may not sue the borrower for any money outstanding on the property loan after the foreclosure sale has been finalized.