Skip to main content

Foreclosure & Alternatives Law

Search for an Attorney  

How Can a Lender Foreclose on a Property in Oklahoma?

Oklahoma law permits a lender to foreclose on a property without judicial involvement if the mortgage agreement contains a power of sale clause. Most Oklahoma mortgages contain a power of sale clause, therefore lenders can initiate a foreclosure when a buyer defaults on a loan. However, the lender must meet the notice and sale requirements as set forth in state law.
If a mortgage does not contain a power of sale clause then the lender must sue the buyer in state court and the court must issue an order to foreclose. The property must sell for at least two thirds of its appraised value unless the borrower waives his or her right to an appraisal.
Was this helpful?