How Can a Lender Foreclose on a Property in Nebraska?

Both judicial and non judicial foreclosures are allowed in Nebraska. If the mortgage agreement contains a power of sale clause then a non judicial foreclosure may be pursued. That means that the lender must provide the borrower and the public with the notice required by the mortgage agreement or state law and conduct the sale in accordance with the mortgage agreement and state law.
If there is no power of sale clause in the mortgage agreement then the lender must sue the borrower in state court and obtain court permission to conduct the foreclosure.

Speak to an Experienced Foreclosure Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified foreclosure lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local foreclosure attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Foreclosure attorney today.

Additional Foreclosure Articles