I've fallen on bad times and am having trouble paying my mortgage. What should I do?

Homeowners facing financial difficulties and unable to make their mortgage payments are strongly encouraged to contact their lender. Many lenders offer assistance to their borrowers to help them bring their mortgage current. Homeowners may also want to contact a HUD-approved housing counseling agency to find out about programs that may be able to assist them, especially if communication with the lender has broken down. To find a HUD-approved housing counseling agency, please call 1-800-569-4287 or search online. 

Speak to an Experienced Foreclosure Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified foreclosure lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local foreclosure attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Foreclosure attorney today.

Additional Foreclosure Articles

Related Topics In This Section