Foreclosure & Alternatives Law

How Can a Lender Foreclose on a Property in Washington D.C.?

Property foreclosures in Washington D.C. occur outside of the judicial system. A lender may initiate a foreclosure sale by sending a written notice of sale to the borrower and to the Washington D.C. mayor’s office. Then, the lender must follow the public notice and sale requirements required by law.