Family Law

If A Judge Makes A Decision I Disagree With, What Can I Do?

You may wish to obtain legal counsel. If the decision (or order) can be appealed, you must appeal to the appropriate court within the specified time period. If you believe there was misconduct or serious mental or physical disability that interfered with the judge`s duties, you may wish to file a complaint with the Judicial Inquiry and Review Commission, P. O. Box 367,Richmond, VA 23203­0367, by telephone to 804­786­6636, or by visiting the Commission`s website. Neither DCSE nor Governor Gilmore has authority over a judge`s decision.