What If My Income Goes Down Or I Lose My Job?

ORS/CSS will collect child support based on the amount in the order that is currently in effect. If your income permanently changes, you may wish to pursue a review and adjustment of the child support order. ORS/CSS will review orders to determine whether the amount should be modified, but usually not more often than once every three years from the last date the order was established or modified. Before you request a review, you may want to estimate what your child support payment could change to if the order is modified. To calculate the new support amount you will need a pre­review packet consisting of child support guidelines worksheets, instructions and tables. To find out information about a pre­review packet and to view and print copies of the necessary forms and worksheets, consult the Customer Service Unit in the appropriate ORS/CSS office if you need more information about requesting a review.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles