What About Custody And Visitation Issues?

ORS/CSS does not address legal custody or visitation issues. To determine these issues initially, we suggest you hire a private attorney. Utah law requires the child support obligation to follow the child. This means we will enforce the support obligation against the parent who does not have physical custody of the child. If neither parent has physical custody of a child who is living with a relative, we will enforce the obligations of both parents. When physical custody of the child changes, we may enforce the obligation against the other parent (or parents) without modifying the order. If you are having problems with court ordered visitation or custody because you do not know the location of the other parent, ORS/CSS may be able to send an address request to the Federal Parent Locator Service. For more information, please refer to the information titled Federal Locator Service for Custody and Visitation Purposes.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles