How Does The Custodial Parent Get The Noncustodial Parent To Pay His Share Of The Medical Bills Not Covered By Insurance?

OCSE does not collect the medical costs not covered by health insurance unless the custodial parent has the amount reduced to a judgment. To obtain a judgment, some counties allow the custodial parent to file a small claims action with the clerk of courts. Other counties require the custodial parent to obtain legal counsel to commence a hearing before the circuit court.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles