Skip to main content

Family Law

Search for an Attorney  

What If The Non-Residential Parent Cannot Be Found Locally?

Your local CSEA will use the Ohio Parent Locator Service (OPLS) to search. If the non­residential parent is out of state, the CSEA can request another state to search. The CSEA can also request location through the Federal Parent Locator System (FPLS), Financial Institution Data Match (FIDM), National Directory of New Hires (NDNH), and the Federal Case Registry (FCR). All of these matches have as a first step a Social Security Number verification. It is becoming harder for non­paying parents to hide from their child support obligations and the agencies that enforce them.

Was this helpful?