Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >

Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What If The Non-Custodial Parent Doesn't Pay?

If the non­custodial parent doesn`t pay, Probation will take steps to enforce the order. If not previously ordered, this may include requiring the non­custodial parent`s employer to take money out of his or her pay, having the past­due amount taken out of a tax refund or lottery winnings, returning the case to court or reporting the delinquency to a credit reporting agency. Probation can also execute on the non­custodial parent`s property such as bank accounts, insurance proceeds, cars, boats, or real estate.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Family Law Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources