Skip to main content

Family Law

Search for an Attorney  

What If Your Spouse Files For A Divorce?

You will get a summons and a petition. You may do nothing, but then the judge decides, and you may not get your say in what happens. Your lawyer may file an answer for you within 30 days after you receive the summons. You may contest the divorce, custody, and child support or how the property is to be divided.

Was this helpful?