What If The Alleged Father Refuses To Sign The Acknowledgement Of Paternity Form?

The mother can request assistance from the Division of Child Support Enforcement in establishing paternity and obtaining child support through the courts. If the mother begins receiving Aid for Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) or Medicaid for the child there is no charge for this service. If the mother does not receive AFDC or Medicaid, there is a $25.00 fee for this service.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles