What Other Kinds Of Agreements Can Be Made Between Parties To Protect Their Property And Other Rights Between Them?

Parties can make an agreement in writing, called a Marriage, or pre­nuptial agreement, before marriage, to take effect upon marriage, setting out their rights of property and rights to support, property division and other incidents of a relationship between them which may override other provisions under the law.

A cohabitation agreement can be made between partners either before or after they begin living together in a common­law relationship. Unless it is stated in the agreement or later amended in writing, such agreement may not be valid as a marriage agreement.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles