On separation all sorts of questions arise involving obligations and possible rights of the husband and wife, including:
- right to remain in the matrimonial home, with contents, regardless of ownership;
- division of family property and possible sale of items and division of proceeds;
- child custody and access (visitation rights);
- child and/or spousal support;
- other possible orders for the protection or safety of children or a spouse;
- as between the spouses, after separation, a spouse has the obligation to take all reasonable steps to become financially independent of the other spouse.
Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: