Skip to main content

Family Law

Search for an Attorney  

If A Parent Who Has Custody Wants To Move From The Present Residence, With The Child, Can That Parent Do So?

If the parent wishing to move has good reason and it would generally be in the good interests of a child, such a move will generally be permitted. If the non­custodial parent opposes such a move, the parent having custody would have to show that any loss of opportunity to visit with the other parent would be outweighed by the benefits to the child in moving.