Skip to main content

Family Law

Search for an Attorney  

Can Parents Make Their Own Agreement For Custody Of And Access To Minor Children?

Where both parents can agree, they may enter into a written agreement with regard to which parent will have the custody control and education of minor children and with regard to access arrangements for the non­custodial parent or they may agree to share parenting in a mature and responsible manner and agree on a form of joint custody, usually providing for a child to have it's principal residence with one parent, significant custody and sharing of upbringing responsibilities to the other parent, depending on the respective circumstances, and the financial and other contributions each parent will provide for the child's benefit.

Was this helpful?