Once The Court Sets The Amount Of The Support Can It Be Changed?

The Court will accept a petition for modification if it has been 2 1/2 years or more since the last order. The order will be modified based on the Delaware Child Support Formula. No petition for modification may be filed within 2 1/2 years unless the calculation indicates a change upward or downward, of 10% or greater.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles