Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >

Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Can A Remedy Be Obtained Without Trial On A Criminal Charge?

  • In an appropriate situation, the court may instead impose a peace bond ­ to be on good behaviour and keep the peace. It may or may not also restrict the spouse under the bond to keep away from the home or to keep away from an abused spouse or children. A peace bond usually lasts a year. If its terms are broken, the spouse may be put in jail.
  • A restraining order with terms and effect similar to a peace bond may be obtained without notice to an abusing spouse by the complainant going to family court. The court may grant a full or temporary restraining order and will usually require a copy of it to be given to the spouse against whom it has been made. Once obtained, a copy should be given to the local police office.

Speak to an Experienced Child Abuse Child Abuse Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful to you. A knowledgeable child abuse lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, negotiating, trials, and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local child abuse attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Abuse attorney today.

Additional Child Abuse Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Abuse Resources