Skip to main content

Family Law

Search for an Attorney  

What Happens If The Father Leaves The State Before Paternity Is Established?

If the alleged father is found and served a formal complaint, the local court will make a decision on the paternity question. At the same time, a court order to pay child support may be issued. This order can be enforced by any state. However, enforcement may take longer when the non­custodial parent lives outside of California.

Was this helpful?