What Does It Mean To Cooperate With The Fsd Or Local Child Support Agency?

To cooperate means you must provide any information or documents needed by the FSD or local child support agency to establish paternity and/or locate the other parent, and to get support payments for your child. If you are receiving CalWORKS and/or Medi­Cal and you do not cooperate with the FSD or local child support agency, you must have good cause for not doing so. Good cause means you must have a legally acceptable reason for not cooperating with the FSD or local child support agency such as the probability of physical or emotional harm to you or your children.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles