Paternity Opportunity Program (Pop)

Unmarried new parents may sign a paternity form at the hospital immediately following the birth of their child. This form is called a Declaration of Paternity. Signing of this form by both parents will legally establish paternity when it is filed with the state. Parents may also sign a Declaration of Paternity after they leave the hospital. Check with your local FSD or local child support agency for more information or see the POP section of this article.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles