Skip to main content

Family Law

Search for an Attorney  

If An Answer Is Filed

If the non­custodial parent files an answer (responsive pleading), he/she has the right to a court hearing. The non­custodial parent also has the right to have the court determine how much he/she will have to pay for support. If the non­custodial parent (in this case an alleged father) denies that he is the father of the child(ren), he has the right to request that the court order paternity tests to determine if he really is the father. The court may order that he pays some or all of the costs of the tests, if it is determined that he is the father.

Was this helpful?