Skip to main content

Family Law

Search for an Attorney  

What If The Noncustodial Parent Is In Another State?

The most difficult child support cases are those in which the noncustodial parent lives in one state and the children in another. Help is still available, but service is slower. Each state has child support offices and an independent court system with varying laws, practices and traditions. Arkansas has no control over the child support offices and courts of another state, it may take time to get a court date or to serve notice on the noncustodial parent

Was this helpful?