My Boyfriend Is In The Military Overseas And I Am About To Have His Child. How Do I Establish Paternity And Obtain An Order For Support?

Once the child is born you can complete the OCSE application for child support services. If he is willing to sign documents admitting paternity and agreeing to support, then enforcement can proceed by a wage withholding order. If a noncustodial parent will not admit paternity, it may be necessary for OCSE to contact the commanding officer regarding genetic testing.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified family lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles