Skip to main content

Family Law

Search for an Attorney  

Can Paternity Be Established If The Father Lives Outside Of Alaska?

The Alaska child support agency may be able to claim jurisdiction and establish paternity if the alleged father once lived in Alaska, or if the child was conceived in Alaska. Otherwise, the agency may petition the other state to establish paternity under its laws. Often genetic tests will be ordered to prove paternity.

Was this helpful?