Should You Fill Out Both The Living Will And Advance Directive Form?

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to name a health chare agent, you should fill out Part A of the advance directive. The living will form does not allow for appointment of a health care agent. The living will form lets you decide about life­sustaining procedures in the event of terminal condition or persistent vegetative state. If you want to decide about life­sustaining procedures not only in the event of terminal condition or persistent vegetative state but also “end­stage condition,” or you want to make health care decisions that deal with situations other than life­sustaining procedures, use Part B of the advance directive form.

Speak to an Experienced Estate Planning Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified estate planning lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local estate planning attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Estate Planning attorney today.

Additional Estate Planning Articles